Pick Your Own Strawberries
Beginning in mid-April thru the month of May, strawberry picking for all ages is the highlight of our berry season. At Strawberries on 903, we have three acres of clean fields located conveniently near parking areas. We provide containers. Pick all you want and as long as you like! Also, special baskets are available for the little folks. For a genuine family outing, nothing can compare to berry picking time!
Picking strawberries is the perfect opportunity to teach kids about where our food comes from or to remind yourself just how flavorful fresh berries and produce are supposed to taste.
Come on down to our farm in Winterville with your entire family, some friends, or just yourself for some old-fashioned strawberry picking!
How to Pick Strawberries
- Gently grasp the stem just above a ripe berry between the forefinger and the thumbnail and pull with a slight twisting motion.
- With the stem broken about one-half inch from the berry, allow it to roll into the palm of your hand.
- Repeat these steps until you have 3 or 4 berries in each hand.
- Carefully place (don’t throw) the fruit into your containers so that it doesn’t bruise.
- Don’t overfill your containers or try to pack the berries down.