FRESH STRAWBERRY PIE
- – 1 quart strawberries
- – 1 cup sugar
- – 2 1/2 or 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- – 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- – 1 baked pie shell
- – 1/2 pint whipping cream (optional)
- – Red food coloring (optional)
Wash berries and hull. Put one half of berries in sauce pan and crush. Mix sugar and cornstarch; add to crushed berries along with lemon juice. Cook on medium heat until mixture thickens. Cool. Cut remaining berries into halves and mix with the cooked mixture. Add a few drops of red food coloring to the cooked mixture before adding the uncooked berries. Pour mixture into baked pie shell. Chill before serving. Serve topped with whipped cream.
CREAMY FRUIT DIP
- – 2 cups milk
- – 1 (3 3/4 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding
- – 2 cups non-dairy whipped topping
- – Fresh Strawberries
Combine milk and pudding according to package directions. Fold in whipped topping. Chill thoroughly, and serve with fresh strawberries. Yield: 4 cups of dip.
- – 1 large package of cream cheese, softened
- – 9-inch graham-cracker crust or baked pie shell
- – 3 cups whole strawberries, hulled
- – 1/2 cup red-currant jelly
Carefully spread cream cheese in crust. Arrange berries pointed end up in single layer over cheese. Chill. Heat jelly until smooth and of glaze consistency; spoon over berries. Serve at once or refrigerate.
Makes 8 servings.
STRAWBERRY CREAM PIE
- – 1 package (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- – 1 cup sour cream
- – ¼ cup milk
- – 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- – 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed (plus extra for garnish, if desired) (1 8-ounce container equals 3 ½ cups)
- – 1 prepared 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- – 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled, rinsed and patted dry
In a large bowl, combine the vanilla pudding mix, sour cream, milk, and orange rind. Add the whipped topping and beat with a wire whisk for 1 minute or until well blended. Spoon half the mixture into the pie crust. Press the strawberries, stem-side down, into the mixture, then top with the remaining mixture. Freeze the pie for about 1 hour or refrigerate for 3 hours before serving. Garnish with additional whipped topping and/or strawberries. Yield: 6 to 8
STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE DELIGHT
- – 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- – 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar – depending on sweetness of berries
- – 3 cups sliced strawberries
- – 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
Beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer until light and fluffy. Fold in strawberries and whipped cream. Turn into 5-6 cup mold. Freeze at least 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes; unmold. Garnish with mint or strawberries.
Yield: 10 (1/2-cup) servings