Visiting Our Farm
A visit to the farm is a great way to get fresh picked fruit and enjoy some time with family and friends. At Strawberries on 903, we offer Pick-Your-Own (PYO) and Ready-Picked fruit. We have a farm animal petting area, picnic tables, hay rides and homemade strawberry ice cream.
We are located on NC 903, 4 miles South of Winterville. For more information, please see our Contact or Visit page.
Here are some helpful hints:
- Call before you come. Ripening of strawberries is dependent on the weather. Call to be sure that a good supply will be available on the day you want to pick. If you want to pick up a large quantity of ready-picked berries, call in advance to see if you can reserve some.
- Pick early or late in the day, when it is cool. Your strawberries will keep better and you’ll enjoy yourself more!
- Dress appropriately. Consider wearing long sleeves if the serrated edges of the leaves tend to irritate your arms. Access to fields is generally easy, but appropriate shoes or sandals for outdoor walking and a hat for sun may also be good ideas.
- If you plan on picking your own strawberries, dress small children in red or dark colors. Then you won’t need to worry about the inevitable juice stains.
- We provide containers for your fruit.
- Please follow signs and directions and respect farm property. We are concerned about your safety and the welfare of everyone who visits the farm.
- Please watch your children. Don’t let them trample the rows, climb on farm machinery, or wander off towards farm ponds or the road. Our farm is a safe place as long as you are aware of your surroundings and keep an eye on your children.
- Do your part for food safety. Be sure that you and your children wash their hands after using the toilets and before picking or eating fruit. Make sure that children use the toilets, not the edge of the field, and dispose of soiled diapers appropriately.
- Care for your fruit on the way home. Don’t put your berries in the trunk of your car or leave them sitting in the car if it is sunny. Consider bringing an insulated cooler along.